Enterprise Application Architect
This position is responsible for technology leadership, with responsibilities including the development of strategic application architecture frameworks and the envisioning, planning and development of technology roadmaps across a wide array of fields. Assignments include the most advanced expert analytical, technical, and administrative work in information technology (IT) serving mission critical operations. The incumbent performs as the highest-level subject matter expert in modern application architecture, managing projects and taking major responsibility for the engagement of personnel, work products, standards, policies, and use of information technology assets. The incumbent is expected to identify and resolve the most complex work problems in a way which supports or complements ongoing organizational efforts. The incumbent provides guidance and leadership to achieve and maintain superior customer service levels. Work routinely requires technology leadership, initiative, creativity, and original thinking. Assignments are generally performed independently or under the general guidance of senior management with extensive latitude for individual and team initiative, judgment, and discretion.
Candidate must be recognized as an expert in Enterprise Application Architecture, with a demonstrated track record of leadership and achievement. Candidate will possess the background, skills, and experience to independently initiate and coordinate teams in complex technology evaluations, proofs of concept, and prototyping exercises. Candidate will also show demonstrated success in implementing complex and paradigm-shifting technologies within diverse organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state), and determine corresponding architectural designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
- Establish and thoroughly document strategic standards for enterprise application architecture across diverse platforms and internal engineering and development teams.
- Design and lead the implementation of enterprise application architecture prototypes and proofs of concept in alignment with enterprise architecture strategy, business capabilities and business requirements.
- Manage and develop the lifecycle of multiple enterprise application architecture domains, working closely with internal teams to ensure strategic alignment, adherence to standards, and positive outcomes.
- Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify and prioritize deficiency remediation in the legacy technologies and standards in use across the enterprise.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Understand, advocate and augment the principles of architecture and information technology strategies.
- Work within the technical architecture team to define the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure application decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
- Contribute to SDLC process and governance procedures associated with ensuring application architecture compliance with corporate architecture guidelines.
- Consult with systems and infrastructure development leaders to fit enterprise solutions to existing and new architecture models, and identify when it is necessary to modify projects to accommodate the application architecture.
- Document all application architecture design and analysis work as artifacts.
- Work closely with the program management office (PMO) or project management office to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in IT development disciplines including technical architecture, application development and middleware.
- Candidate must have at least 5 years of hands-on skills, leadership, and expert proficiency in 2 or more of the following architecture areas;
- Microsoft Azure Solution Engineering
- Web Service, API, ESB, and Integration Platform Engineering
- Business Intelligence Database Engineering
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 or Salesforce Cloud Solution Engineering
- Candidate will have at least 5 years experience working in an application architecture role for a company or governmental agency with at least 500 employees (if private sector) or 1000 employees (if governmental agency).
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models.
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media