Sr. Solutions Analyst/ Finance
The key responsibilities of a Sr. Solutions Analyst focus on data analysis, the development and customization of analytical tools for accounting and operations, and providing customer support for all assigned software applications. The Sr. Solutions Analyst must work closely with the development, accounting and operations teams to ensure specifications for a software are implemented accurately and presented to end users articulately. This position also requires effective resource management in terms of personnel, hardware, software, budget, and project management for specifically-assigned software applications and projects.
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Accounting/Financial knowledge
- Data analysis
- Customer Support
- Analyzing day-to-day production issues and identifying short term/long term fixes
- Tracking and appropriately escalating production issues
- Creating specifications for new or existing products
- Supporting the development of proprietary software applications
- Testing and supporting the deployment of applications
- Supporting application releases and change management functions
- Preparing and maintaining comprehensive administrator documentation
- Supporting upgrades of 3rd party applications
- Identifying, documenting, and reporting software bugs/functionality issues to vendors and monitoring them for corrective action
- Creating/using SQL queries for issue resolution and reporting
- Interfacing between business users, tech support, IT project managers and software vendors, including training and workshop facilitation
- Acting as a Team Leader by coordinating with Users, Developers and various other groups.
- Organizing a project in its entirety and articulating the project as a logical sequence of executable tasks.
- Providing strategic planning that meets corporate goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Computer Science, or Information Systems preferred
- Knowledge of Accounting principles – 15 hours of Accounting courses preferred
- 5 plus years experience in Accounting or Information Systems
- Familiarity with the Oil & Gas industry a must
- Excellent team leadership/project management skills
- Strong analytical abilities
- Ability to Gather and document business requirements, develop system specification documents, and design workflow charts and process maps
- Experience with QC/QA software testing procedures
- Working knowledge of query/reporting tools such as TOAD, Crystal Reports/Business Objects, SQL, and Spotfire
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products: Word/Excel/Access/Visio/Project
- Working knowledge of relational databases—Oracle, SQL Server
- Experience with Oil & Gas Accounting and/or Financial Reporting, Python, Elasticsearch, and or MEMSQL a plus
- Experience with Financial Software HFM or IDEAS a plus
- Minimal travel including International.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media