Marketing Account Manager
My client is a fast-growing e-commerce and technology SaaS agency, that is seeking an experienced Marketing Account Manager to develop and execute digital marketing strategies on behalf of clients. As a Marketing Account Manager, you will be responsible for driving superior business results through strong relationship building, developing an in-depth knowledge of the client’s business goals and objectives, understanding the categories in which they compete to strategically grow share, while providing solid reporting and analytics to demonstrate success against joint business plans.
They are looking for a self-starter with a proven track record of building relationships and taking full ownership of client inputs to deliver results. The ideal candidate will deliver an excellent client experience and execute at a strategic and tactical level to deliver growth for our clients. This includes activities such as creating and managing paid search and display media strategies for retailer.com (Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc.), providing recommendations for content creation and optimization, catalog management, highlighting other operational KPIs that impact advertising effectiveness, and delivering regular reporting on advertising effectiveness. This position requires a candidate who can easily dive deep into a data set, develop strategies and present their action plan to gain alignment with senior leaders.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Fully own the client relationship by building solid rapport, demonstrating transparency, and delivering results against joint business objectives
- Develop strategic growth plans, gain client alignment, and fully execute against the aligned upon approach
- Measure efficacy of the strategy through regular reporting against core marketing KPIs and ad-hoc audits to identify areas for refinement
- Leverage marketing activities and other retail readiness recommendations to drive increased traffic and conversion and organic search ranking improvement
- Highlight incremental sales opportunities to clients through participation in retailer programs, additional promotional opportunities, and recommendations to improve operational KPIs
- Develop annual budget recommendations and properly allocate across campaigns to align with high level business objectives
- Develop an annual marketing calendar incorporating key drive periods including relevant macro and micro seasons, new product launches, and client media calendars
- Leverage technology to manage budget pacing, communicate with client on trends and pacing, and deliver results within client budget thresholds
- Prepare weekly and monthly advertising reports, analyze category trends, measure advertising and total sales, identify account trends, and perform competitive benchmarking across the client’s product portfolio
- Maximize share, revenue, and profitability for clients while integrating client’s internal objectives such as driving innovation or key items or product lines
- Create strategic marketing plans for new product launches, including recommendations for retail readiness across core KPIs
- Responsible for reporting, analysis and communication with client management teams
Qualifications & Skills
- 1 – 3 years’ experience working in e-commerce (Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc.) sales, or digital marketing
- Previous account management experience
- Previous product management, project management, financial analysis, negotiation and/or marketing experience is a plus
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, demonstrate ownership, work collaboratively, be transparent, be action and results oriented, be a self-starter, and have strong analytical skills
- Proven track record in relationship building and account management
- Proven success in driving results and implementing ideas in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of how retail media, sales, and operations work together
- Works efficiently and is always looking to streamline processes and workflows
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Moderate Excel skills are a must
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media