$90000 to $110000 Per Year
$90-110K plus bonus
Our client in Lexington, KY is looking to hire a Plant Controller. This Controller will function as a key member of the core plant management finance team and work with the plant management team to maximize plant profitability. Perform and coordinate all plant accounting and financial activities and ensure financial integrity of plant operations. This is a hands-on role requiring the successful candidate to work at both detailed task level and higher management support level.
- Provide financial information, analysis and support to various stakeholders as required.
- Proactively use available tools to assess existing product profitability, identify improvement opportunities and follow-through as required with commercial and operations management
- Lead monthly “bridge calls” discussing plant financial performance versus Budget, Prior Year and/or Forecast
- Prepare materials and lead discussions for all financial portions of plant monthly / quarterly review meetings
- Coordinate preparation and review of plant budget/forecasts with management
- Coordinate preparation and submission of plant capital spending projects for management review and approval
- Review monthly segmentation results output (line costing / segmentation) to ensure accuracy of inputs and segmentation process
- Complete financial analysis to monitor costs and financial position in key areas (volumes, margins, scrap, utilities, labor, R&M, inventory, etc.)
- Analyze plant income statement (volumes, margins, variances, semi-variable costs, fixed costs, SG&A, etc.) and inventory transactions to identify issues, report on performance and drive continuous improvement
- Develop annual plant budget and periodic forecasts (as necessary)
- Daily, weekly and month-end activities as required to ensure a complete, accurate and timely close process
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA/CMA/MBA a plus.
- 7-10 years of experience in accounting/finance as a Plant Controller in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience leading and developing annual budget, periodic forecasting and monthly closing process.
- Experience developing and analyzing complex financial models.
- Strong IT systems aptitude (Excel, SAP, Outlook soft/BPC/Hyperion, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel 10%.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media