Senior Operations Manager
$120000 to $145000 Per Year
Major Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
- Identify and coordinate improvements in the operations area necessary to meet the variance commitments for the plant and cost objectives. Ensure that cost gaps are identified, action plans developed, and adequate resources allocated to meet all financial objectives
- Drive overall supply chain capabilities by managing plant wide implementation of TPM, true efficiency, and team development.
- Achieve all productivity, quality, cost, delivery, safety & motivation KPIs objectives
- Provide a work environment which adheres to all compliance and regulatory guidelines
- Evaluate business unit capabilities, skills, and resource alignment to ensure performance against objectives. Lead realignment and work redesign efforts as necessary to provide executional excellence.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement that meets or exceeds division expectations.
- Establish clear performance and behavioral expectations for all employees.
- Maintain an effective performance management process reviewing all direct reports’ progress against mid-year and annual plans and continually develop their effectiveness as leaders and technical practitioners, as well as providing opportunity for career development.
- Develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Deliver effective change leadership, driving business changes while minimizing people impact
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for front-line hourly and salaried personnel
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
- Lead the identification and elimination of losses resulting in improvements in costs, inventory, time and quality.
- Provide active and positive leadership in the effort to drive the cultural across the facility.
- Administer policies and procedures
- Regular and predictable attendance at the work site
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in engineering, business, operations management, or similar field
- Lean Six Sigma Experience preferred, demonstrated by successful completion of a major improvement project.
- 8+ years of experience in manufacturing required
- Experience in implementing TPM initiatives across multiple teams is preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying priorities simultaneously
- Ability to interface effectively with plant personnel, outside contractors and different functional groups within the business units
- Working knowledge of quality systems, finance, capital planning, and project cost tracking and forecasting, economic justification analysis, statistical process control, and manufacturing management systems.
- Demonstrated leadership in safety & environmental compliance
- Strong innovative external focus with proven ability to affect sustainable
- Must be very effective working in a volatile and complex environment and work with a sense of urgency that drives effective results
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to get results through mentoring others
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media