Construction Superintendent-Various Locations
At the heart of our client’s organization is their ability to cultivate and maintain long term relationships with their clients. The keys to their success in this arena include:
- Making a personal connection with the client, based on their drivers and goals
- Having a clear understanding of client expectations, and consistently attempting to exceed them
- Producing a quality, long lasting product
- Elevating the people we work with and creating a team atmosphere
- Making a fair profit in an ethical manner
If you value these keys to success, then you should consider this Construction Superintendent opportunity. In this role, you will manage out of the Wisconsin or Iowa locations. You will be responsible for overall direct field supervision of projects, ensuring production goals, craftsmanship standards, and safety practices are met. You will interface with project management to develop construction schedules, update construction schedule progress completion, obtain subcontractors, and ensure that project is within budget.
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL DO AS A CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT
- Cultivate relationships with our clients, subcontractors and employees
- Lead and manage a large team of in-field construction and subcontracted resources (labor, sub-contractors, equipment, tools, and materials)
- Work with project management team to develop accurate construction schedule forecasts and to keep them updated weekly to track labor usage, material deliveries, and equipment costs
- Collaborate with project management team to provide pre-construction system design support with system design constructability and material take-offs, and post-construction debriefing
- Interpret drawings
- Enforce site safety, and work with safety personnel to ensure new hires receive adequate construction and safety training
- Maintain a high attention to detail and quality control
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO BE QUALIFIED AS A CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT
- 10 years of commercial vertical construction experience with 5 years of construction supervision
- Concrete and steel experience is a must. We are not looking for experience in primarily wood construction (residential, apartment complexes, etc.)
- Experience managing large crews
- Prime contractor experience, and our client is usually the PC.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Some vocational/technical/college is desirable
- Valid Driver’s license
- First Aid/ CPR certified
- Proficiency with heavy equipment (forklifts, reach forklifts, scissor lifts, etc.)
- Ability to communicate well and build relationships with our clients, subcontractors and employees
- Experience executing a safety plan in the field
- Strength in establishing a sense of high quality among the team
- Strong computer knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and MS Project
- Proficiency with spelling, punctuation, grammar and basic business math
- Strong organizational, judgment and analytical skills
HERE ARE SOME OF THE GREAT BENEFITS YOU WILL BE OFFERED
- Health, dental, vision, disability, life, flexible spending
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid holidays
A DIVERSE WORKFORCE MATTERS TO US!
We are proud to support an organization that is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our client strongly encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply, regardless of race, sex, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, families with children, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, status as a veteran or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media