We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our medical assistant team in our Chevy Chase location. We have two openings. As our new medical assistant, you will assist in the delivery of health care and patient care management. We are looking for people who are organized, have the ability to multi-task, and possess strong critical thinking skills along with the desire to work in a very fast paced environment. We look for those who aim to provide high quality patient care in a fast paced environment.
Your primary duties will include:
- Preparing patients for examination and treatment. Taking brief histories, obtaining vital signs and reviewing patient’s medication list.
- Assisting Physicians with injections, aspirations and ultrasound.
- Giving injections, performs phlebotomy, and fits patients with orthopedic appliances, splints and dressings.
- Preparing exam rooms with necessary instruments and supplies.
- Screening patient telephone calls for referral to physicians.
- Returning calls to patients per physician request.
- Acting as the liaison between triage, call center and assigned physician.
- Providing patient education to patients for self-injecting medications.
- Performing phlebotomy, processing lab specimens and requisition forms.
- Two years’ experience in a medical office
- Phlebotomy experience a must
- Certification as a Medical Assistant preferred
- Experience with:
- NextGen medical software useful
- Healthcare plans
- Microsoft Office
As a valuable member of our team, you will be eligible for a generous compensation package that includes competitive pay, paid leave, medical and dental coverage, life and disability coverage, 401(k), tuition assistance and more!
8:30am to 5:30pm
Location: Chevy Chase, MD - metro and bus accessible at Friendship Heights metro - Red line
Position Type:Full Time, Monday through Friday
We invite you to apply to join our Medical Assistant team!Apply Online
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media