Production Supervisor 2nd
Summary: Coordinates safety, sanitation, quality, service and employees in production zones. Assigns shifts and tasks of production foremen and mixer technicians. Coordinates schedules for procedure changes or facility equipment upgrades with other departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong knowledge of lean principles and ability to drive continuous improvement
- Manages personnel by processing timesheets, logging attendance, scheduling manpower and scheduling vacation.
- Monitors productivity by obtaining hourly updates from production foremen and mix technicians, walking the floor, attending operators meetings, reviewing production foreman’s summary and reviewing logs.
- Provides communication with supporting departments, to ensure effective communications are maintained.
- Audits programs and procedures on the production floor by auditing master sanitation schedule, auditing pre-weigh inventory, auditing sanitation tools locker, performing inventories and auditing the production supervisors’ safety files.
- Implements the production / mix plant schedules by adjusting the mix schedule to support production schedule changes, updating boards to reflect changes to the production schedule, updating the manufacturing schedule and briefing mix technicians, supervisors and machine operators of any modifications to the production schedule.
- Coordinates shift start up by reviewing the status of production versus schedule, reviewing current manpower status and potential set backs, reviewing mix inventories and identifying or adjusting the mix plant to match the requirements of the packing lines, reviewing the pre-weigh inventories and identifying or adjusting to the mix production schedule and communicating with supervisors any discrepancies or problems.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Valid Driver’s License
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media