Engineering Manager (job description)
If you are an Engineering Supervisor that is ready to step into an Engineering Manager role this may be the opportunity for you!
We have partnered with an Automotive Industry Leading Tier 1 Supplier to lead a search for their Engineering Manager role at their Tennessee Plant.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.), preferably in Engineering, from accredited four-year college or university; or Associates of Science or Engineering degree and five to seven years’ experience in Facilities and Manufacturing
- Strong communication skills, leadership skills and team building skills within engineering and maintenance.
- Experience with Automation, PLC’s and Robotics
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of this organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications-- Word, Excel; Microsoft Outlook; Oracle ERP, knowledge of Database software, Design software; Manufacturing software; and Project Management software.
- Automotive industry experience preferred. Lean/TPS experience preferred.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the Engineering team which includes Maintenance, Process Engineering and Facilities Engineering.
- Plans and directs maintenance operations
- Efficient introduction of new Product and Tooling into the facility to ensure low-cost manufacturing.
- Responsible for the review of subordinates
- Capital Requests and provides revisions as appropriate.
- Develops Long Range Plan (LRP) goals and objectives for the departments, along with capital projects.
- Plans and administers the Capital Budget and MRO budgets.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media