Paraprofessionals create special programs designed for the mentally ill, individuals in need of child care services and other members of the community who require public assistance. They help vulnerable people to improve their quality of life, achieve their goals and make a very real and positive difference to their lives.
Paraprofessional provide support to consumers – children, adolescents and/or their parents or guardians – in the community. In alignment with a consumer’s treatment plan, the Paraprofessional skill builds with the consumer and other vested parties to safely maintain children in their home. Paraprofessional links consumers with additional community resources and provides case management services. Bilingual (fluent in Spanish) is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or related field and appropriate training, certification and/or credentials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Documented experience working with at-risk children, adolescents and families.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and sensitivity to diverse cultures.
- Flexible work schedule, including the ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Laptop, valid Georgia driver’s license, vehicle, and ability and willingness to travel off site.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media