$70000 to $90000 Per Year
Automation Engineer - Manufacturing of Pharmaceuticals and Nutrition Products for the Animal Industry
USDA and GMP facility; Northwest of Ames, IA Relocation Provided
The Automation Engineer identifies, recommends, implements, and supports automation-based solutions for this successful manufacturing facility in Iowa. As part of the process team, the automation engineer is responsible for ensuring the integration of the manufacturing process equipment is robust and follows industry standard architecture.
The Automation Engineer's primary responsibilities will include working on day to day support for ongoing process operations, optimization of current processes, and various automation projects in any of the following focus areas:
- automation control logic, batch control, human interface design (HMI), automation data collection and visualization.
The Automation Engineer will also focus on capital projects support and work with Global Engineering to help ensure automation alignment with other sites in the organization.
This role will have the opportunity to identify and deliver process optimization through the application of control and instrumentation first principles. There will be opportunities to cross train in other disciplines, including Process Engineering and Project Management.
Automation Engineer Key Objectives/Deliverables
Automation/Control Engineering :
- Investigate GMP non-conformances and provide solutions to correct system issues.
- Troubleshooting and repair problems with automated control systems associated with process equipment or facility utilities.
- Implement technology-based solutions to support site objectives and to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Continuously improve the manufacturing processes through automation to enhance robustness and reliability.
- Ensure systems maintain compliance with relevant local and corporate quality, engineering, and computer systems policies and procedures.
Computer Systems Validation:
- Serve as a system custodian for one or more systems
- Assist with researching, creating, reviewing, and approving validation deliverables and documentation as necessary.
- Coach and mentor others
- Strong customer focus
- Continuously develop technical skills, communications, project management, and leadership.
- BS in engineering or AS and 2 years of equivalent work experience
- Previous manufacturing experience with industrial control systems including workstation and server platforms.
- Experience within a regulated industry required.
- Exceptional learning agility and desire to immerse in a highly technical job
- Strong problem solving skills and interest in programming.
- Demonstration of Performance Behaviors consistent with Path-Level: Engagement, Accountability, Teamwork, Bias for Action, Values.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Working knowledge of Rockwell PLCs and HMIs
- Experience with ICONICS HMI/SCADA application.
- Working knowledge of vision systems
- Working knowledge of OSI PI
- Working knowledge of capital projects as automation engineer
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- 8-hr. shift. A flexible work schedule is possible and will be necessary as required by manufacturing process. Attendance at some pre-shift and post-shift meetings will be required. Work is usually performed Monday through Friday, however, one may be called in on weekends or evenings if a process/project need occurs.
- Travel potential up to 10%
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media