Assistant Construction Project Manager - Multifamily Mid Rise
$75000 to $100000 Per Year
With a plethora of recognition, Their Company, a leader in the development of Class A multifamily housing, is recognized as the number one most active apartment developers in Dallas-Fort Worth for many years in a Row! This Company has more than 2,000 apartment homes under construction currently with Millions of square footage under management.
Their Company is a regional (TX/LA) developer, builder of Class A multifamily assets across the SE and is the most active multifamily developer in Dallas-Fort Worth area. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas. They have over a 30-year history of successful developments throughout many U.S. markets, Their Company stands among the most active privately held real estate companies in the region.
Assistant PM -- Position Overview
This person will be a key figure in assisting the PMs with construction operations for multiple multifamily projects in the DFW area. The Assistant Project Manager will Participate in pre-con, planning and construction efforts to ensure project is constructed safely in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Work with site staff, owners and upper management to smoothly complete project from "Trees-to-Keys" during allocated schedule. Other responsibilities and involvement listed below:
- Setup of a project schedule and creation of activities and logic, with no/little assistance on duration and schedule flow.
- Develop site logistics plans in conjunction with lead superintendent
- Set up cash flow and manpower projection analysis at varying stages of the project
- Prepare constructability reviews to determine completeness of documents
- Review estimates prepared by preconstruction group for potential scope holes
- Initiate set up of jobsite, including mobilization of trailer and setup of job-site staff
- Assist and help oversee the safety at the jobsite with the Superintendent; set safety culture at jobsite
- Assist with management of labor relations with field personnel/subcontractors
- Manage certain aspects of general conditions budget. Monitor and update projections on a monthly basis
- Review budget entries of others and evaluate reports for accuracy
- Regularly monitor project costs and effectiveness of change management process
- Assist with processing changes to owner agreement
- Facilitate meetings with project team
- Supervise and mentor project jobsite staff
- Ensure RFIs and submittals are being appropriately processed by the engineering staff
- Ensure office procedures are implemented, including filing system, correspondence formats, start-up documents, closeout documents, and archiving
- Manage ultimate agency acceptance of project, including serving as interface to code officials
- Involvement in seeking repeat and new business sales
- Assist with response to RFPs and preparation of presentation for new projects
- Manage jobsite relations and communicate needs with Architect/Engineer
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management or related discipline
- 4+ years experience in Project Management for a General Contractor / Development firm
- Local owner and subcontractor relationships in the greater Southeast/DFW market
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media