Polymer R&D Engineer
$90000 to $140000 Per Year
Product Development Engineer / Manager – Film/Sheet Extrusion
Our client is a growing and profitable manufacturer of extruded sheet/film products located Northeast of Atlanta. They are looking for an experienced engineer with a combination of process engineering and polymer modification experience.
- Run trials with new materials and tooling.
- Scale up new extruded products, with involvement in tooling, material selection and material development.
- Optimize polymer formulations to better suit requirements of established and new extruded products.
- Optimizing the extrusion process from design to product launch and continual improvement
- Work with the plant team to document process requirements and parameters to assure equipment and work cell team are capable of commercial production.
- Implementation of SOP’s (standard operating procedures) Includes standardized work, workplace organization, quality and packaging specifications
- Coordinate continuous improvement and production process refinement efforts.
- Coordinate all applicable product testing verification and ongoing validation to meet product specifications as well as comply with applicable local and governmental regulations.
- BSChem-E, BS Polymer Science, BS Chemistry, BS Plastics Engineering, or similar.
- 3 years of functional and HANDS-ON process engineering experience within polymer extrusion processes such as sheet, cast film, profile, pipe, decking, fence,
- Experience setting up SOP’s / WI’s.
- 3 years of experience modifying polymer formulations and managing trials, with the ideal experience being PP, PE, PET, and foams/cellular products.
- 3 years of experience testing polymer materials to ensure they meet specifications.
- 2 years experience with Continuous Improvement tools such as lean manufacturing, Kaizen, 6 sigma.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media