Structural Engineering Contractor
$70 to $91 Per Hour
We are hiring a Structural Engineer to work on contract basis with our Structural Engineering team based in St. Cloud, MN for an immediate start. Responsibilities include engineering and design work, project management, design and construction administration, and interfacing with clients with an emphasis on residential, commercial, industrial projects in the private and public sectors and mentoring junior staff. Initial contract is planned to be 5-6 months depending on start date.
- Design building structures, foundations and conduct forensic engineering
- Create structural models by using computer-aided design software
- Choose appropriate materials based on structural specifications
- Monitor on-site construction processes and supervise construction workers
- Prepare and allocate budgets
- Track and report on project progress
- Collaborate with contractors and project managers
- Assign duties to junior engineers, technicians and drafters, answer questions, and monitor progress.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with structural emphasis or related equivalent experience
- Must be a registered Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota
- Experience in residential, commercial, and industrial engineering. Construction, contracting, and building experience is not required, but can be used in place of the engineering requirement based on the experience.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with building code standards, design software (AutoCAD, Revit, Robot, RISA- 3D), Excel spreadsheets, and be able to prepare specifications, cost estimates, and project proposals.
- Candidates needs to be able to work in the United States.
- NCEES certification in multiple states.
- Technical and engineering design and project management experience with private sector clients
- Construction, contracting, or construction management experience in residential, commercial, or industrial projects is preferred, but not required.
- Partial remote may be a possibility depending on the situation. Will need to be onsite to mentor staff.
- Candidates who are authorized to work for their current company will be considered.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media