Nurse Director – Family Birthing Unit
$75000 to $115000 Per Year
The Family Birthing Unit's patient population includes newborns, pregnant women of varying age, GYN and ambulatory Med-Surg patients. In addition, they have antepartum patients for basic social needs assessment, referrals, testing, observation, and teaching.
Full time, Direct hire, Excellent benefits package, Shift - Days.
Education / Experience:
• Minimum BSN and a Masters degree, National Certification in specialty required
• Minimum of 5 years Nursing Leadership Experience
• Current State of Maine RN Licensure
Additional Duties / Responsibilities:
• Participates in nursing and organizational policy formation and decision -making.
• Maintains records and reports and collects statistics for administrative and regulatory purposes.
• Assumes accountability for all services/care provided in the department
• Takes a strategic approach to identifying problems and opportunities and setting priorities
• Aligns people with the organization’s strategic and operational objectives.
• Adopts new approaches when circumstances demand it
• Clarifies services requirements and expectations
• Identifies emerging needs and proactively acts to address them Actively participates in community health education or serves on boards/advisory committees as part of the social accountability program.
• Determines staffing needs, work methods and performance standards to ensure adequate and appropriate coverage to meet operational needs.
• Assumes responsibility for staffing/scheduling personnel reflecting appropriate utilization of personnel according to the flexible staffing model.
• Assure staff input into staffing plan on annual basis
• HPPD is consistently at benchmark; any variances are assessed and justified
• Maintains equipment, reports and resolves problems promptly
• Achieves annual budgetary goals, with emphasis on efficient use of personnel and resources.
• Cultivates a positive work environment
• Gives frequent constructive feedback
• Participates in recruitment, selection and retention of personnel
• Turnover rate remains below national benchmark
• Monitors the job performance of each employee and conducts annual performance appraisals, on time at 100% rate
• Facilitates orientation and in-service training for department staff to promote professional growth
• Assists staff in developing goals and objectives for individual growth and development including certification to meet current and future department needs
• Mentors staff in the areas of conflict resolution, problem solving and customer relations.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media