Machine Builder - Tool Builder
MACHINE BUILDER - TOOL MAKER
A Machine Builder’s primary duty is to assemble custom designed equipment. Senior-level experience in hands-on machine building is a requirement. Travel is required with this position, typically 30% however is project to project dependent.
- Be responsible for the proper assembly machines and tooling.
- Build and troubleshoot automated assembly machines, sub-assemblies, and electrical components from engineering drawings and specifications.
- Solve specific machine-building problems (such as spindle alignment or interference issues).
- Participate in the planning and design of machinery prior to its assembly.
- Work with a machine until all customer and internal issues have been resolved
- Vocational training, specialized education, or associate’s degree is preferred
FIELD EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of experience building precision machine tools and or automatic assembly line machines.
- Strong math skills and the ability to interpret mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical engineering drawings.
- Proficiency with basic machine tools (lathes, mills, etc).
- Proven mechanical aptitude, and strong technical and hands-on debug skill.
- Strong communication skills with the customers and company
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media