What We are Looking For
A driven and innovative Pre-Construction Manager to lead projects from award to mobilization on electrical projects for solar projects or any onsite industrial projects. This company does not build homes. In this role you will be the bridge between the client, the Preconstruction team, and Project Management team.
What You will Do
You will be the leader of all preconstruction activities; be responsible for planning and overseeing multiple projects simultaneously. Responsible for planning project resources, leading contract negations, preparing budgets, ensuring long lead time equipment is ordered, coordinating, and managing engineering. Efficiently perform a Handoff prior to construction providing construction team the necessary information for outstanding project execution. Monitor progress while keeping leadership informed from start to finish. Act as the liaison between the client and the internal team to ensure project is setup for success. Utilize an in depth understanding of company processes and procedures to ensure preconstruction efforts are completed accurately, on-time and within budget and setting a successful path for the project.
What We Need From You
- Proven working experience in project/preconstruction management.
- Plan, oversee and manage preconstruction activities required to ensure success project execution.
- Work through and negotiate a customer contract to execution.
- Identify project specific requirement and capture them in vendors purchase and subcontract agreements.
- Orchestrate information flow to ensure both internal and external engineering teams are successful.
- Experience managing scope, schedule, and pricing.
- Identify obstacles then solicited internal and external subject matter experts to work through the obstacle.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as the project team.
- Meet with clients to take capture project details and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Meet budgetary objectives and to adjust to project constraints based on analysis.
- Experience with tracking project performance, to drive completion of preconstruction activities while meeting short- and long-term milestones.
- Delegate project tasks to project team members, based on individual strengths, skill sets and experience.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines under pressure.
- Competency in Microsoft applications included Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Manage project files, drawings, documents & records in our project system.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Willing to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Willing to travel as job requirement necessitates.
- A bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Construction Management, related field, or equivalent combination of experience/education.
- A knowledge of Electrical, Photovoltaic (solar) construction and/or automation.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license that represents a history of safe & competent driving
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
Competitive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, paid vacation, and a retirement plan.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media