Systems Engineer - Electrical Systems
We are looking for a Systems Engineer III who translates task objectives to technical approach and plan to complete within scope, deliverable, schedule, and budget constraints.
- Performs system functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into system hardware and software specifications
- Evaluates project level designs, assuring project specific requirements are in compliance with System requirements and interface definitions
- Evaluates product configuration item integration plans and approach, assuring the integrated product meets system requirements
- Works with engineering specialty disciplines in a manner that assures that the system meets its “Ility” requirements
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Develops System characteristic models, simulations, and analyses that quantify system capabilities and improvement opportunities
- Supports the continuous assessment of System capabilities and deficiencies and develops product improvement proposals for Program, Organizational, and Functional Management review. Proposals should be realized in the creation of Independent Research and Development (IRAD) projects
- Develops and manages System budgets, including, power, weight, reliability, error, etc.
- Proactively manages area of responsibility to execute to plan and, where variances occur, develop and implement corrective action plans to complete within commitments
- Applies creativity and advanced design concepts to system solutions
- Determines the technical approach by developing and trading off design concepts that satisfy requirements and constraints
- Communicates with the project team, labs and suppliers, customers and functional management
- Performs formal problem root cause analysis and corrective action planning and execution
- Provides support for hardware and software integration and test
- Leads all aspects of project initiatives to conclusion, within cost and schedule constraints
- All employees are expected to be in compliance with government and corporate laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- Nine to thirteen years of experience with requirements definition, design, integration, and validation of systems, including ruggedized industrial and/or military grade electro-optics equipment
ADDITIONAL SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a work ethic that enthusiastically persists until project goals are achieved
- Effective and efficient management of engineering changes
- Results-oriented team player who leads by example
- Self-accountable for performance
- Takes absolute ownership
- Experience with rugged, industrial design to meet military specifications and standards such as MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461/464, MIL-STD-1472, MIL-STD-882, etc.
- Experience with prototype fabrication, integration, and evaluation
- Experience with field testing and evaluation
- Experience with planning and conduct of design verification testing
- In-depth knowledge of structured System Engineering principles, methods and processes, including requirements development, system definition, hardware design, software design, integration, verification and validation.
- Working knowledge of the DOORS database tool
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft tools suite, including Word, Excel, Project, Power Point
- Understanding of Trade Study methods and tools, system modeling and simulation techniques, system budgeting, system life cycle analysis, and design of experiments
- Working knowledge of chemical, biological, and explosives detection capabilities
- Working knowledge of Systems Engineering processes and procedures
- Working knowledge of System Failure Mode and Effects and Fault Tree Analysis techniques
- Working knowledge of Risk Analysis and Mitigation techniques
- High proficiency in written and oral communication
- Well organized
- Proven Product Development skills
- Must have the ability to obtain DoD clearance
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media