Scientist – Engineer – Polymers – Rubber – Chemicals
Location Boston, MA
Salary $120,000 – $150,000
Degree Master of Science, Doctor of Philosophy, Doctorate
Date Sep 09, 2016
Our client, a global manufacturer of chemical raw materials, requires an applications development technologist to lead activities for their Industrial Products segment, which focuses on a wide range of rubber products such as hoses, belts, and a variety of molded and extruded rubber parts. This influential role is critical to position the company as the development partner of choice with customers. The successful candidate will work in partnership with Marketing and Technology to define product development strategy. Job Responsibilities:
- Works in partnership with Global Marketing to define global segment product strategy, and with regional commercial and marketing personnel to define project priorities and allocate resources.
- Collaborates with global applications development colleagues
- Creates broad and deep understanding of the range of Industrial Products applications, including required and valued use, performance attributes, corresponding product requirements, and technical/ product applications of current and future market trends.
- Defines technical capabilities required for the Industrial Products market. Develops and maintains “center of excellence” knowledge and expertise in order to provide insight and expertise of performance in applications, expertise in necessary rubber processing steps and performance of company versus competitor products.
- Manages complex, multi-year projects, involving integration of multiple sites and functional areas. Leads design of creative solutions to applications challenges.
- Assembles cross-functional project teams to manage product development projects.
- Oversees and coordinates labs and lab testing and analysis of new applications complex product performance issues. Develops and enforces statistically rigorous applications test capabilities and works to develop and implement global testing standardization. Develops novel testing methods.
- Provides consistent and excellent customer support and service, to promote and enable adoption and use of existing and new products and develops capabilities through ‘center of excellence’ work.
- Protects company technology through adherence of intellectual property standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering