$85,000 – $95,000
Feb 14, 2017
The plant controller functions as a business partner with plant and financial management to effectively manage and control the local business. Leads the financial staff at the plant and is accountable for plant-level responsibilities including general accounting, payables, order entry, billing, cost accounting, bill of materials, business analysis, financial reporting, sales management, and computer operations. Will also liaison with corporate financial staff, as required.
· Prepare monthly reports of results, monthly forecasts, annual operating plan, and strategic planning
· Responsible for internal controls at the plant for operations, sales and finance.
· Analyze and accurately report current month’s financial results to the plant, sales, and corporate management in accordance with corporate format and time requirements.
· Submit all financial transactions, transmissions, and reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
· Ensure accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments.
· Perform audits of bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly. Report audit results monthly.
· Ensure timely and accurate input of bill of material and price code changes.
· Ensure bill of material and costing accurately reflect production operations.
· Maintain a perpetual inventory for finished goods and reconcile this perpetual to production, shipping, and returns on a daily basis.
· Attend daily plant production meetings.
· Perform daily walkthroughs of the plant with the General Manager to discuss production and costing issues.
· Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels.
· Conduct formal meetings with manufacturing, finance and sales management personnel to discuss all plant issues. Develop and publish a formal agenda and
· recap with actions to be taken.
· Document and understand ERP/MRP systems, hardware, and reporting conventions and serve as the on-site IT expert.
· Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items monthly.
· Reconcile all inter-company accounts monthly.
· Analyze internal controls to ensure assets are adequately safeguarded and results are accurately reported.
· Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies. Resolve questions of GAAP and internal controls with corporate financial management.
· Assist in the completion of special projects.
· Preferred Education and Experience