I learned in my job search today that my salary is above average.
Are you debating taking a job with a lower salary? You are not alone.
Many are finding new norms regarding pre-recession and post-recession salaries.
What is most important at this point – money, benefits, title, location, responsibilities?
Many are looking at another side of the equation, but this is not a one size fits all.
Add these questions to your list as you evaluate the job opportunity:
- Does this job have synergy with who I am and what I do?
- Is this job a productive problem solving environment that challenges me?
- Does this job offer an engaging intellectual culture for my growth?
- Is this job environment a cultural fit that aligns with my values and behaviors?
- Do these things prompt me to thrive more than title or salary?
My job search today “pre-recession and post-recession salaries” – Notes on a Napkin