CNC Operations Manager – Manufacturing Plant
Location Springfield, OH
Salary $110,000 – $130,000 / yr
- Manage, develop and motivate a team of supervisors and production employees within multiple manufacturing disciplines.
- Manage production resources and workflow in all department work areas and build a stable and positive work environment to ensure that customer’s needs and promised lead times are met
- Coordinates closely with production scheduling and supervisors to ensure adequate resources and plans are in place to achieve targeted goals across shifts
- Collaborate in the recruiting and staffing process and develop talent through education, training and leadership. Mentor supervisors and team members in a continuous effort to improve their knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Maintain a factory floor focus with a hands-on, roll-up the sleeves attitude, to drive a continuous improvement/cost savings/quality mindset in manufacturing practices and processes
- Collaborate with engineering and management in new or improved product designs to ensure manufacturing costs and feasibility are in alignment
- Drive safety in all manufacturing operations by identifying and correcting conditions that affect team member safety
- Hold and document regular scrap review meetings and implement action items to address scrap issues
- Travel as needed (less than 5%)
- Minimum 10 years leading operations and delivering results in an industrial manufacturing environment with broad experience and exposure to divergent technology including lean processes, planning, sourcing, procurement, etc.
- Thorough understanding of CNC manufacturing processes and highly experienced in flexible production systems, notably Salvagnini punching, forming, laser and robotic equipment
- Experience and thorough understanding of powder coat painting and thermal management processes
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication/presentation skills
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, conflict resolution and decision-making skills
- Team builder with a proven ability to motivate and coordinate a divergent group of people/projects in a manufacturing environment and assess and develop team member skills
- Strong project management and coordination skills and ability to multi-task, especially under pressure or deadlines
- Proficient with ERP systems
- An undergraduate bachelor’s degree in an engineering, manufacturing or similar applied discipline preferred, or a minimum of 10 years’ experience in all aspects of sheet metal fabrication.