JOB CODE (02600970)
Salary: $125,000.00 – $175,000.00
Full Benefits: Yes
Relo Exp: Yes
Products:Stamping and Fabrication
Industries GENL-MFG, MACHNING, METAL-WK, JOB-SHOP, PACKAGNG, STEELMIL, FOUNDRY, FORGINGS, METALLUR, DIECAST, PRECMETL, ALUMINUM
Plant Manager – Greater Richmond VA Area
The plant manager is responsible for the overall management and coordination of the plant operations consistent with corporate visions and values, guiding principles on integrity, environment, health and safety, customer, excellence, people, profitability, and accountability. The role will report to the VP of Operations.
Key Achievement Factors:
Own the operation and effect change, implement the Toyota Production System and build an excellent supervisory team.
- 130 + employees
- $35M Annual Revenue
- 180,000 SFT Facility in multiple buildings
- Plant Capabilities include fabrication (laser, punching, bending), stamping progressive and hand fed, powder coating, machining, welding, assembly, and kitting
SIGNIFICANT INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS ie. Subordinates, Superior(s), other Contacts.
- Direct Subordinates: Production Supervisors and Superintendents, Production Control and Planning, EHS Manager, Quality Manager, and Maintenance Manager: daily personal contact and group meetings to direct and advise issues concerning personnel, purchasing, inventory, operations, maintenance, quality and planning.
- Superior: VP of Operations: update manager on issues and activities within the plant through personal contact /calls, group meetings and e-mails.
- Other Inside Contacts: Account managers, sales department, location controller, human resources, sourcing manager, IT Manager, Program Managers, and Vice President of Sales and Marketing: daily personal contact and e-mails.
- Other Outside Contacts: Vendors as required for negotiations and technical support on site or at vendor site. Customers as required on site or at customer’s site and outside sales on a weekly basis to learn customer’s priorities, needs, and plans for the future.
KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE
- S. Degree in engineering, metallurgy, or business; 10 or more years management experience in the metal fabrication or stamping industry; knowledge and experience in applying the Toyota Production System; strong analytical, communication, multi-tasking and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization; strong computer skills and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand plant Profit and Loss statements and drivers to effectuate improved financial performance for the plant. Ability to develop KPIs that support the overall business plan for the plant.
- Key Principle Accountabilities in which the Job Holder engages.
END RESULTS ACHIEVED
- Provide leadership for Chester, VA employees by building ownership and commitment, driving engagement and aligning the employees with the top priorities to add value.
- Involvement in all aspects of the business, but allow effective delegation to build ownership. Higher involvement and visibility during critical events. Recognition and rewards.
- Build and maintain community relationships through strategic community interactions and relationships with state and local governmental officials.
- Strong relationship with local leaders and elected officials.
- Operate the plant in a safe, responsible manner by continually improving our EHS performance to achieve an EHS incident-free workplace.
- Compliance with VOSH and OSHA standards with positive audit results. Programs in-place to target leading indicators of safety behaviors.Incident-free workplace.
- Maintain customer needs and requirements when making decisions within all plant processes from materials management, planning, maintenance, production and shipping.
- Communication of customer expectations within the organization.Root-cause problem solving (APQP and 5 Why’s, Root Cause Failure Analysis) and elimination of customer claims and missed deliveries.
- Work to achieve high levels of performance in Chester by achieving returns that exceed our cost of capital and cash-flow objectives.
- Well-defined and challenging goals among organization which add value to the business and provide the greatest return. Celebration of the successes.
- Demonstrate the urgency for improvements by supporting and applying the principles of Toyota Production Principles in all levels of Chester, VA.
- Evidence of the use of TPS tools across the organization to eliminate unnecessary activities. Continuously looking for opportunities to improve. Encouragement of risk taking with the possibility of improvement.
- Create a working environment which employees treat each other with dignity and respect by understanding each others ideas and individual differences. Create opportunities for development.
- Training and on-the-job development. Fully utilizing the capabilities of employees. Development of individuals without regard for race, nationality, gender, age, background experience or style. Low turnover and advancement from within the organization.
- Operates in a non-union, moderate turnover manufacturing organization with long-tenured employees with excellent skills in production, maintenance and customer relationships. Few layers of management. Organization is accustomed to reacting to constant change but not driving or initiating the change.
- Requires limited domestic travel.
- Development of a flexible and reliable supply chain from metal and paint suppliers in order to support customer focus.
- Strengthen the development of a culture built on safety and excellence in quality
- Drive returns in excess of cost of capital while servicing a cyclical commercial refrigeration case market and a with highly price sensitive profile business and the ability to operate with limited customer forecasting visibility.
- Driving a consistent vision and direction for the business at the plant level while driving systemic improvement to eliminate waste at all levels of the organization.
- Develop a Continuous Improvement mindset throughout the plant and encourage all shop employees to participate and suggest improvement opportunities
To apply for this job email your details to Ken@7SolutionsUSA.com