Job Title: General Manager
Location: Peoria, IL
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The General Manager is responsible for driving the overall success of the branch. From P&L performance to customer satisfaction to the overall culture of the branch. Needs to be a true leader that drives corporate initiatives while advocating for the best interest of his/her business.
SUMMARY: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Budget: Conduct annual process and develop plan to exceed sales and gross profit objective to fiscal year. Communicate performance with staff.
* Grow Sales: Actively involved with current and potential sales opportunities
* Account Manager: Continually teach, expand, and recruit new account managers.
* Expand product categories: Regular meetings with account managers, Customers and suppliers to broaden product mix throughout account base.
* Customer cost savings: Promote documented cost savings. Insure we are meeting the commitments we have made to our customers. Document and communicate results.
* Pricing: Support the our Pricing program to enhance margins. Support our pricing process.
* Credit: Review weekly account receivable report with your credit specialist: Support credit when requested.
* Vendors: Work with Marketing and Supply Chain on vendor issues, special pricing, and growth opportunities. Promote positive relationships with our vendors.
* Purchasing and Integrated Solutions: Support departments to make sure all inventory reviews are completed: GSQ, Safety Stock, consigned cycle counts, obsolete inventory, etc.
* Customers Service: Insure we are providing the best customer service in the industry. Provide support to customer service team. Drive process adherence and efficiency.
* Expenses: Make sure we are getting a value for what is spent.
* Warehouse: Support our warehouse processes. Communicate any concerns to warehouse leadership.
* ISO: Provide leadership in supporting the ISO documentation process.
* Staff Development: Work with Human Resources to develop growth opportunities for your staff: Hiring, promotions, education etc.
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Good understanding of manufacturing and industrial distribution
* Highly effective time management skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Direct supervisory responsibility of Account Managers and office staff
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Bachelor’s degree in related area preferred
* Previous Experience in a similar position preferred
Employee responds to highly complex situations that require demanding problem-solving abilities.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://jobs.7solutionsusa.com/jobseeker/Profile.aspx?jobid=02596248 →