Automation Engineer II
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as an Automation Engineer II in our new
biotechnology facility being built in Frederick, Maryland.
Under supervision, we will ask you to take a lead role during the design, start-up, commissioning, qualification, and support of the site’s automation systems. You will work closely with the Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Facilities, and Supply Chain groups to deliver and support
- You will be responsible for handling and maintaining automation-based systems and solutions which provide for a flexible, creative, cost effective, compliant and quality-focused environment. The automation systems include:
- Primary Software Platform Responsibilities
- Process Automation Software Platforms
- Finia Fill Finish Software
- Nucleocounter software
- IDM (Identity Management) Software
- Site Thin Client Software (iGEL)
- Roles and Responsibilities for above systems
- Assist in deployment system hot fixes/patches
- Master data configuration and specification updates
- System SOPs
- System troubleshooting
- User account management
- Secondary Software Platform Responsibilities
- MES (Werum PAS|X System)
- Site Historian System (OSIsoft PI Historian)
- Site Process Control PLC or DCS based System (Future)
- BIO- G Scheduling Software (Emerson)
- Network Infrastructure support
- An understanding of VLANs and how networks are segregated
- Building Management System (BMS)/Equipment Monitoring (EMS) (Siemens Desigo)
- Implement automation changes to existing control system hardware and software, and supervise
modifications completed by outside vendors, including development of specifications and testing
- BS or BA Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent related fields with 4+ years of
relevant work experience or
- MS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent related fields with 2 years of relevant
work experience or
- HS Diploma with 6 years of relevant work experience in Engineering, Computer Science or
equivalent related fields
- Possesses good communication skills to promote cross function discussions and communications.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Understand how to work in Active Directory across multiple domains.
- Sustain plant automation engineering operations
- Support GMP system change via change controls, deviations, and CAPAs.
- Automation Projects and CapEx: Developing, planning and implementing automation-based projects
and solutions in collaboration with multi-functional teams, including determination and delivery on
cost, time and quality to ensure the sustained production, successful product launches and customer
- Work with Global Operation Automation Technology (GOAT) to align finite scheduling, MES,
and process automation platforms.
- Support the validation of automation systems with Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Engineering
(QE), and Validation.
- Provide technical support to projects in support of the capital and operational plans.
- Provide technical and automation knowledge for troubleshooting, investigations and training.
- Provide automation system hardware support including installation and advanced automation
system design for data integrity, stability and interface between different systems.
- Ensure effective maintenance and availability of automation equipment.
- Handle automation changes to existing control system hardware and software, supervising hardware
and software modifications done by outside vendors, and development of specifications and testing
- Experience working on cross functional teams to obtain project deliverables.
- Experience with systems investigation and root cause analysis tools.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media