The Marketing Director is the company Strategic Business Leader that will support successful entry into new target global markets and achieve ongoing sales growth in existing markets.
- Champion the innovation process by facilitating idea submissions, creating idea collaboration or other such campaigns to solicit ideas on a particular theme, assisting with the idea review process, and maintaining the bank of ideas for the company's future use.
- Gain a deep understanding of the company’s existing customer base and develop methods to exploit via new products and innovation.
- Work closely with Sales and Product Development to build integrated and fully cohesive marketing programs designed to generate leads and otherwise supports the sales team. This results in increased revenue with existing and new products.
- Delegate tactical and administrative tasks (i.e. PR, pricelists, data sheets, packaging graphic files, etc.) to the marketing team and focus on creation and execution of strategy.
- Support engineering during new product development including: documentation of marketing requirements, approval of engineering specifications, and project schedule approval.
- Participate in product launch activities including the development and execution of new product introduction plans: product positioning, pricing, marketing communications plans, assure service readiness, sales tools, and delivery sales channel training.
- Monitor competitor activity and technology trends impacting the market. Refine and communicate product positioning as necessary.
- Manage all projects in support of HP including CPL input, sales presentation updates, sales literature updates, and support of HP driven promotional events.
Key responsibilities include competitive positioning, pricing, managing all aspects of new product sales launch, sales training, lead-gen programs and events, and input on current product improvements.
- Market Research and Studies: Conducts primary, secondary, or tertiary research on proposed / new products to validate or refine concepts and identifies potential applications and gaps in the market as new business opportunity. Develops new or refined business strategies and presents to senior executive management for investment decision making.
- Competitive Analysis: Constantly analyses competition in our target market segments. Refines key elements of the company’s participation strategy accordingly. Provides competitive analysis summary, battle cards and sales strategies to sales team and Channel Partners.
- Marketing Team Leadership:
- Product Launches & Sales Enablement: Accelerate comprehensive product launches and sales training (so we minimise time lost before hardware EOL)
- Price Lists: More frequent Price List publication with consistent layout
- Improved promotion and communication: Newsletters, targeted editorials and advertising, use of social media.
- Campaigns: Direction and oversight to all sales lead gen programs
Education & Experience:
- (5) years of marketing management experience in business-to-business markets. Experience in working with marketing communications professionals in the development of traditional and emphasis towards on-line marketing materials, programs, and campaigns.
- Solid understanding of and experience in business and/or enterprise software markets, preferably hands-on experience with SMB, FSI and government verticals. Demonstrated success in product marketing including; market research, customer needs analysis, marketing requirements documentation, developing and implementing go-to-market plans.
- Experience and understanding of industrial production and packaging markets, particularly primary product packaging in B2B markets a plus.
- Exposure to design thinking principles; experience with applying design thinking principles and agile processes to enable innovation in new product design and product lifecycle changes.
- Strong background marketing complex IT solutions with experience devising marketing strategies for “value-driven” solutions. Experience with IT or print security is a plus.
- Successful track record in prior inbound marketing role(s).
- Good understanding of Channel / Partner programs and developing growth-oriented direct marketing strategies with consistent communication to Domestic and Global Channel / Partners.
- Experience with creation of new business plans, presenting marketing and product strategies to Chairman/Board/CEO and executive audiences - both internally and externally.
- Proven project management skills and leadership of cross-functional teams.
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing or engineering from an accredited college or university is required (minimum). A master’s degree in related fields is a plus.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media