VP Sales - Global Technical Products
Our client, a growing global product and service company, is looking for a Sales Leader for their Product Solutions business unit that has revenues of approximately $150M. This group manufactures and sells products under the in various markets (KVM, Audio Visual, Networking and Infrastructure) around the world via a direct sales team and channel partners.
Primarily Roles & Responsibilities
- Drives aggressive year-over-year growth through developing model capable of supporting and sustaining high, double-digit revenue growth.
- Builds sales strategy, identifies new opportunities, and provides organizational vision and communication to bolster the current success of the company; implements repeatable processes, systems and best practices that are required to ensure improved operations and increased customer acquisition.
- Establishes both short-term and long-term sales goals and monitors achievement, taking necessary action as needed to ensure sales targets are achieved; assess and identify improvements in the organizational model, team member profiles and account strategies to continually improve and scale operations.
- Understands the competitive landscape and develops strategies and initiatives to maintain a leadership position in the market; effectively identify and translate client needs into solutions.
- Passionate and enthusiastic involvement in all aspects of team management as well as direct interaction during the sales process with prospects, customers, and partners; fosters teamwork and creates a positive work environment for a geographically distributed sales force.
- Identifies and forecasts potential sales opportunities for company supported products and services for the aggregate team. Communicates those opportunities, delegating to the appropriate sales teams across the business and holding them accountable. Provides accurate forecasts regularly to SVP.
- Develops and leads team of Directors and Senior Managers; ensures team is aligned on strategic objectives, and specific objectives required for success.
- Creates a team hunter to bring in new customers and upsell existing customers; ensure the skills and development of the sales organization is aligned with business requirements leading to success for both the individual and the company.
- Meets with Sales Leadership team frequently to oversee sales activities and team progress. Sales activities typically include proposal and bid strategies, pricing, capture efforts, and collaboration with internal and external support personnel.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Outstanding organizational leadership skills – excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to build strong customer and employee relationships. A leader that builds through teamwork, a motivator.
- Proven history of success driving organizational change within a turnaround environment.
- Possesses strong presentation and negotiation skills; demonstrates creative approaches to both “hunting and farming.”
- Strong working knowledge of current and changing company products and service offerings; ability to maintain industry/competitor knowledge.
- Solid understanding of business financials, P&L statements, and ROI analysis
- Strong organizational skills to multi-task demanding priorities; effective use of resources to deliver customer results.
- Ability to understand customer buying processes and drivers to align sales approaches accordingly.
- Ability to establish and maintain CXO level relationships with customers in key markets.
- Strong business acumen and operating experience, particularly in the areas of sales compensation, sales organization structures, forecasting, financial planning, budgeting and the identification and implementation of sales programs and solutions designed to address customer needs.
- Solid skills utilizing and leveraging a CRM tool such as Salesforce.com.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or Engineering; MBA preferred.
- 10 years minimum of related experience managing a large, multifaceted sales team operating in multiple geographies.
- Proven success driving consistent revenue growth year-over-year.
- Solid track record of building and leading best-in-class sale teams by creating loyalty, trust, and commitment to organizational goals.
- Experience in international markets required.
- Ability to travel 40-50%
- Leads global sales teams comprised of outside sales, inside sales, sales operations, and customer service.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media