The Applications Engineer ensures our products are applied correctly to meet the customer’s requirements/specifications, which includes completing a technical analysis of machine and application requirements. This position is also a technical liaison between customers and other departments; including training and support to end users. Passion in programming and automation are a plus.
Promoting and facilitating the sale of our electric servo motion solutions is the ultimate objective for the Applications Engineer. This position will interact regularly with customers, sales personnel and other employees to follow up on new inquiries or executing existing orders.
You as Applications Engineer will travel to customer locations, other company locations and trade fairs. In addition, this incumbent must demonstrate the ability to make frequent and short notice decisions which may have an immediate effect on sales success, and exercise tact and diplomacy in communicating effectively with customers, executives, colleagues and employees. The position will be required will prioritize and handle several projects and tasks simultaneously.
YOUR ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proper application of Electric Servo Motion solutions to customer machines
- Technical liaison between customers and other division departments as well as supporting local sales efforts
- Provide technical support to southeastern region particularly in GA, TN, FL, and SC
- Review customer applications, approve application of restricted products
- Generate sample programs
- Provide start up assistance
- Work with other departments to provide integration of our products
- Conduct product training for representatives and customers
- Travel requirement: overnight travel (up to 30%) to customer locations, other company locations and trade fairs
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related degree.
- Experience with one of more of the following programming languages: IEC 61131-3, C#, C++, Python, Java.
- Experience with motion controls as related to electrical and/or mechanical machinery.
- Knowledge of Linux platform.
- Experience with IoT applications with focus on automation environment.
- Good communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, and a positive attitude and responsiveness toward customers.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media