Senior Engineering Manager
$130000 to $155000 Per Year
Our client, a Global Leader in Medical Device Manufacturing has a new Senior level Engineering Manager for their plant near Kearney, NE! This manufacturing plant has 500 FTE's in a high speed manufacturing environment, complying to ISO 13485 standards, manufacturing a variety of medical device products, diagnostics, tubing, with injection molding, extrusion, and assembly in a 24/7 plant.
The Engineering Manager manages the functions responsible for Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Facility Engineering, EH&S, Facility Maintenance and the Tool Room.
Engineering Manager main FUNCTIONS
- Directs the Mechanical, Electrical and Industrial Engineering functions to achieve the overall objectives for the Plant.
- Oversees the preparation of cost estimates and methodology to analyze new products and processes.
- Directs the design and acquisition of new manufacturing processes and equipment to meet capacity goals.
- Ensures that all equipment, processes, and facilities meet the requirements of designated government regulations such as OSHA, GMP, FDA, EPA, etc.
- Oversees the analysis for machine capacities and labor standards for the annual standard cost budget.
- Develops a financial analysis to achieve cost reductions within the current processes and products.
- Coordinates the communication between Division R&D and Plant personnel on new products, product improvements, and product problems.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates staff.
- Provides advice and counsel to management required in the organization’s objectives and management policies.
- Prepares and monitors Engineering’s budget.
Engineering Manager Safety and Environmental responsibilities:
- Implement the use of a Preventative Maintenance Program to ensure that all new equipment and processes are reviewed for their safety and results documented.
- Evaluate the Preventative Maintenance Program to determine scheduling and servicing problems and if they have impacted on safety performance. Audit the Plant's equipment lock-out policy and procedures to ensure zero energy state of the relevant pneumatic systems. Ensure all projects and new equipment have full and documented safety review.
Engineering Manager additional responsibilities:
- Complies with, and responsible for enforcing, all local, state, federal and company safety regulations, policies/procedures.
- Complies with all local company quality policies/procedures/practices through consistent application of sound Quality Assurance principles. Ensures compliance through appropriate communication, training, and education of sound Quality Assurance principles. Responsible for the activities and programs as defined for this position in the Quality Systems Manual.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Observes all safety, environmental and quality system standards.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Engineering Manager - EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. Degree in Engineering. Masters of Business Administration preferable.
- Position requires a minimum of five (5) years' experience in the Engineering field with a preference for cGMP or FDA compliance experience.
- A thorough knowledge of Plant operation (Accounting, Purchasing, Quality Control, etc.) of Company policies and general management techniques.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media