Sales Manager - Materials Characterization
The Sales Manager is responsible for managing the sales representatives and the sales activities of the analytical instrumentation lines (Particle Characterization, Rheology, and Nanomaterials Testing product lines) sold into R&D Laboratories within the Eastern region. This position reports to the Regional Vice President.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Assists the Vice President of the Eastern Region in building sales territories within assigned region.
- Interviews, makes hiring and firing recommendations, develops new hires, assigns and schedules work, and appraises performance.
- Ensures that sales personnel are properly trained and their skills are continually being advanced.
- Sells and assists Sales Representatives with making sales of Materials Characterization analytical instrumentation product lines within the region. Assists with closing sales as necessary. Travels with Sales Representatives to provide training and demonstrations.
- Manages P&L for assigned product lines within the region.
- Acquires and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of all assigned product lines by attending in-house technical training courses. Also attends manufacturer training at parent company.
- Attends sales meetings and trade shows, and reads industry publications to gain knowledge of competitors’ product strengths and weaknesses within assigned sales territory.
- Covers territories that are open during hiring process.
- Participates in technical/professional organizations or networking groups, attends trade shows and/or conferences to obtain leads.
- Prepares sales presentations to explain instrumentation capabilities. Demonstrates instruments to potential customers.
- Ensured that region achieves sales at or above target levels.
- Manages all aspects of the assigned territory, e.g., developing Sales Representatives, increasing sales, developing and managing customer relationships, conducting product demos, installations and customer training.
- Must maintain a current and valid driver’s license and passport
- 50% overnight travel
The Company offers a highly competitive six figure compensation package, an outstanding benefits package and an opportunity for professional growth within the Company’s organization.Apply Online
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media