Sets up and operate a variety of machines and tools to produce precision parts and instruments in accordance with customer specifications.
Our client has needs for machinists with either Mori Seiki or Mikron background.
They are in need of multiple machinists for 2nd shift.
Essential Job Functions for CNC Machinist - Mill Turn 5-Axis:
- Sets up machines to run correctly and consistently
- Operates precision machinery
- Receives process travelers and verifies that the components are correct
- Receives raw material and loads machines or fixturing if necessary
- Verify and troubleshoot new program initial run on 5-Axis Mill/Turn machining centers
- Uses precision measuring instruments to perform first piece and in-process inspections for conformance to blueprint specifications, in accordance with inspection plans
- Make necessary adjustments for first articles
- Follows procedures for units that are out of specification
- Accurately completes paperwork
- Ensures work area, machine, tooling and parts are cleaned regularly and free from excess oil deposits; maintains a clean work area around assigned machines
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for CNC Machinist - Mill Turn 5-Axis: High school diploma or GED; technical certificate preferred; supplemented by two or more years’ experience setting up and operating CNC machines; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES for CNC Machinist - Mill Turn 5-Axis:
- Knowledge and understanding of the setup and operation of CNC machines (set-up experience required)
- Extensive experience turning stainless steels, knowledgeable about selecting inserts with different grades, chip breaker types, turning can cycles, and work holding.
- Extensive experience milling stainless steels, knowledgeable about tilt working planes, work offsets, tooling offsets, bar feeders, and automation.
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment including but not limited to calipers, micrometers, depth gauges, and indicators
- Ability to work with tight tolerances (+/- .0005 - .002)
- Knowledge of Fanuc controls
- Knowledge of conversion control
- Advanced math skills including trigonometry
- Ability to read blueprints
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with Visual Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 13485 and FDA 21CFR820 as it pertains to the job; on the job training provided
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media