Senior Chemist - Industrial Coatings
Our client is a global leader in the manufacture of paints and coatings. They require an experienced industrial coatings chemist to join their team at a manufacturing and lab facility in Moline, IL.
- Perform experiments to develop, reformulate and improve industrial coatings products.
- Solve product or manufacturing process related technical problems.
- Demonstrate significant mastery in the use of chemical raw materials, instruments and substrates related to liquid industrial coatings.
- Lead projects of varying complexity with little to no supervision.
- Be accountable for timely and accurate technical solutions.
- Mentor lesser experienced chemists.
- Develop expertise in at least one area of technology.
- Overnight travel to customer sites on occasion.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry or related discipline with at least two semesters each of both general and organic chemistry.
- A minimum of 5 years of industrial coatings laboratory experience.
- At least 3 years of experience developing aftermarket coatings formulations.
- Strong preference given to those with significant experience in 1K and 2K Solvent and Water based coatings formulation for industrial applications.
- Experience with aerosol formulations highly desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Project organization experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel as required.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must not require future visa sponsorship.Apply Online
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media