$65000 to $75000 Per Year
Our Portage, WI food manufacturing client is Controls Engineer. This Controls Engineer is responsible for archival of automation programs, maintenance of electrical documentation, and developing companywide standards for automation and instrumentation. Provides remote and local troubleshooting, coordination of automation contractors, automation project management, and implements standards for automation and instrumentation. Contributes to overall team performance by training and mentoring technicians, providing technical assistance, and improving processes and standards.
- Provide remote and local troubleshooting support for the facility and assist with failure analysis, troubleshooting, repairs, and upgrades of control systems.
- Provide mentoring, training and support to plant technicians functioning as the experienced resource for control systems related problems that the maintenance staff is unable to address.
- Develop and maintain VPN's, vendor passwords, and documentation of WAN for remote access to facility control systems.
- Assist the facility with developing, securing, and maintaining their internal controls LAN.
- Archive and maintain documentation for control systems including electrical drawings, PLC programs, HMI programs, and instrumentation.
- Develop and implement standards for automation, software, and instrumentation.
- Research, recommend and implement new technologies including instrumentation, robotics, packaging, data acquisition, and other systems.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Manager, Operations Manager and Division Manager to develop specifications and estimates for future technology projects.
- Coordinate automation contractors and manage automation projects.
- Develop and/or leads project design, layouts and detailed drawings relative to assigned projects.
- Understand equipment design and fabrication to ensure compliance with state, federal, environmental and safety regulations.
- Understand and comply with all Quality Assurance policies. Immediately report and take action on any potential food safety issues.
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related field or a combination of education and relevant work experience.
- 5+ years relevant work experience required.
- Experience with Rockwell PLC and HMI software and systems required.
- AutoCAD LT experience is a plus.
- Technical knowledge of fluid milk, cheese and drying operations in dairy manufacturing preferred.
- Prior experience in manufacturing and automation required.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media