Robotics Engineer - Automated Warehouse
Robotics expertise needed in the Cumming, GA area for an Automation Products company. The primary purpose of this position is to design systems that allow designated tasks to be done without human intervention or very little intervention (less than 10% human intervention). This position should use all efforts to maximize the efficiencies of warehouse robotics to eliminate risks to team members, reduce costs and increase efficiencies.Apply Online
Why work here?:
Why work here?:
- NO TRAVEL
- Quarterly bonuses and generous profit sharing
- Team-based culture
- Excellent benefits: health/dental/life insurance, 401k, bonus, profit sharing
- On-campus café and gym and exercise classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Research/design, the integration of robots to perform warehouse tasks with safety and efficiencies in mind.
- Implementation of robots, integral components, develop code to run system, layout requirements of cells and testing.
- Work with Team Captain to develop ROI for each project.
- Obtain cost estimates and design calculations for budgeting and approval.
- Support of production engineering projects including design of tools and fixtures.
- Engage in problem solving, both individually and as part of the team. Escalate product bugs, malfunctions, and design issues through support channels for resolution.
- Maintain a safe work environment, follows company health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Write algorithms or programming code for ad hoc robotic applications.
- Develop and maintain control system documentation and change procedures.
- Work with the Automation maintenance team to design documentation for work orders, Preventive Maintenance and parts requisitions.
- Debug robotics programs.
- Point of contact for technical support to the vendor to advance the performance of the equipment.
- Maintain housekeeping in areas of assigned responsibility.
- Continued education on like equipment and future equipment to be installed.
- Other miscellaneous tasks as this position grows and as assigned by management.
- Requires Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering
- Requires 5 plus years or more of experience in engineering focusing on robot integration, robotics controllers and vision systems
- At least 3 years’ experience with 3-D modeling CAD/Solidworks required
- Requires experience troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical systems
- Be able to read blueprints, manuals, electrical line and schematic drawings
- Must have at least 1-year experience with C++
- Experience with integration of PLC’ s and HMI’ s a plus
- Pneumatics experience a plus
- Other robot programing languages a plus
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media