Electrical Engineer (Focus - Healthcare Projects)
$100000 to $150000 Per Year
Electrical Engineer. This role works with multi-disciplinary design teams in the completion of studies, development of plans and specifications for healthcare and life sciences projects. The successful candidate will be part of a dedicated design team supporting our national healthcare portfolio with include Defense Health Agency, Veterans Affairs, and other healthcare providers.
This position is located in Alexandria, VA.
- Design of site and facilities electrical, interior/exterior lighting and telecommunications systems
- Preparing design documents (e.g. plans and specifications) for Programming, Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents; providing construction phases services
- Perform calculations to support design work
- Some travel will be involved
- Licensed PE, registration in licenses in Virginia, the District of Columbia, or Maryland is preferred B.S. Degree in Electrical
- Minimum 10 years’ experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit BIM, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficiency with Electrical analysis software such as SKM Powertools, Easypower (or eqiv)., and lighting analysis with AGi32 or equivalent.
- Experience performing short circuit, voltage drop, protective device coordination
- Intermediate skills with spreadsheet software
- Working knowledge of NEC, NFPA 101
- Familiarity with industry energy standards (ASHRAE 90.1, IECC)
- Experience with Veterans Affairs and Military Medical Facilities
- Experience with DoD UFC criteria a plus
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) a plus
We offer a competitive benefit and compensation package including medical, dental, vision, life, long/short-term disability plans and two retirement plans: 401(k) and ESOP.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media