Director of Finance
$150000 to $180000 Per Year
This Employee is responsible for effectively directing financial activities to achieve established financial objectives by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Continually monitors and recommends to management, major company economic objectives and policies.
- Develops, recommends, and implements financial control policies and procedures to reflect company goals and objective.
- Monitors established procedures to ensure they are consistently and effectively applied.
- Prepares company financial objectives and forecast in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Regularly analyzes the effectiveness of the Finance Department to ensure that the company policies and procedures are observed and takes prompt corrective actions as needed.
- Helps prepare and administer a functional expense and capital budget.
- Provides status of financial condition to CFO by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Ensures that all accounting records and reports are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and applied on consistent and accurate basis in compliance with current federal and state statues.
- Ensures that required governmental reports are filed accurately and timely.
- Directs record keeping and internal control procedures to account for receipts and disbursements to ensure accuracy of bank balances.
- Monitors and manages the credit and accounts payable functions.
- Measures and interprets operating results compared to budgetary and historical data.
- Develops and maintains a system for collecting, reporting, and forecasting company cash flow data.
- Directs all credit and collection activities to ensure accuracy of receivable balance and timely payments.
- Manages, trains, and motivates all accountable personnel in accomplishing company goals and objectives within company policy guidelines. (3 direct reports)
Directly supervises employees in accounting, and accounts payable department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training new employees. Responsible for directing work of staff, and appraising performance and rewarding and disciplining employees as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complete data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Delegation- Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognitions for results.
- Managing People- Includes staff in planning, decisions-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Fosters quality focus in others.
- Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Set goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality Management-Employee is responsible for leading or facilitating the work efforts and evaluating/improving the performance of business processes, employees and machines to meet or exceed the goals for the company in a safe, organized, and efficient fashion.
- Problem Solving/Strategic Thinking- Analyzes specific safety, business and production processes or quality problems for the purpose of identifying the root cause(s) of the problem and assist with the development of recommendations for short and long-term resolution.
- Leadership experience and Style – His/her management style will need to be based on the Servanthood leadership model with characteristics that include transparency, process based, a relentless drive for results, discernment and collaboration at all levels of the organization.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a (4) years college or university of an accredited technical school.
- Five (5+) years experience in accounts payable and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA required
- Guided by the objectives, values, and mission statement of our client, the individual will provide leadership and vision necessary to ensure that the company, division, and department achieve established goals. They will accomplish this by ensuring the proper procedures, systems, people, and training are in place, and will provide leadership and direction to achieve desired results through others
- Serves as a role model and represents the Company inside and outside the Company to promote our client's values and build up strong community relationships.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports, correspondence, reprimands and commendations. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other MS Office applications.
- Job requires knowledge and understanding of Company’s Syteline MRS.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit (at desk) and bend at the waist.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to manipulate large parts using overhead lifting devices and precise measuring equipment such as computer probes, tooling, gauges, and fixtures.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quite.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media