Pittsburgh, PA-based family investment office located in the Shadyside area with investments across private and public markets, is seeking a personable, detail-oriented, investment associate with general investment experience as well as strong communication skills. Position offers competitive compensation, an attractive and convenient work environment, the opportunity to learn/grow from being part of a dynamic family office with growth potential to eventually becoming a part of our senior team as our office continues to build out our fund business.
- Assist our team with researching and reporting on specific investment opportunities across multiple sectors and investment types including venture capital, private equity, real estate, and public markets
- Assist Investment Director to ensure accurate, complete, and timely preparation involving information flow into Backstop Solutions Reporting Software
- Assist in the monthly investment close process involving entering investment calls, distributions, partners contribution and disbursements into investment software (Backstop)
- Prepares and reviews monthly generated reports for accuracy and proper presentation
- Help manage the processes involved in sourcing and due diligence for all investments
- Collaborate in a team environment to help develop/complete investment recommendation write-ups for investment committee approval
- Help our team develop white paper presentations across investment specific themes – i.e. fintech, edtech, robotics/ai, cannabis, beauty/wellness
- Training will be provided to research opportunities using Pitchbook access and other sites to evaluate market research, industry trends, competitive analysis etc. across each opportunity
- Investor relations role for our team will continue to grow
- Support/Assists with information and data management including document retrieval/storage, scanning, filing documents
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General investment/business background with some understanding of private investing and familiar with private equity, venture capital, real estate terminology.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with keen attention to detail and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, organize workload, manage competing demands, meets deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, to establish working relationships and Customer service-oriented
- Driven to work successfully in a small company environment
- Capable of maintaining confidentiality
- Advanced Microsoft Office and PC software skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint programs are required
- Familiarity with Backstop, Box, QuickBooks and/or Pitchbook a plus
- Partnership Accounting knowledge a plus
- Ability to work in office
Education and Experience:
- Prefer MBA or graduate student or relevant working experience
- Salary Full Time position in office
- Healthcare and Retirement plan available
- Learn the inner workings and investments of a family investment office located in Western PA
- Develop broad knowledge investing across public markets, venture (all stages – pre-seed through late stage), private equity, and real estate markets
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media