Job Title: Process Engineer
Summary: Responsible for maintaining the process, maintenance and production quality standards for Extrusion and Thermoforming Production Systems. Extrusion systems, high speed thermoforming and automated handling to box packing full production lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Organize, support and cooperate with adjacent shifts.
- Maintains compliance with company safety and housekeeping rules and procedures.
- Cooperates with Supervisors and Technicians on all adjacent shifts to provide efficient turnover of operations from one shift to the next.
- Achieves established production schedules by maintaining cycle times, cavitation and internal scrap at or better than target.
- Assists maintenance and tool room personnel as needed. Advises Shift Supervisor and/or General Foreman of major maintenance items.
- Extrusion processing, production, quality as well as daily and scheduled maintenance.
- Thermoforming processing, production, quality as well as daily and scheduled maintenance.
- Operate and debug integrated automation and product handling equipment these can include but not limited to: conveyors, grinders, pick and place devices, servos, pneumatic systems, computer controlled devices and general electro mechanical systems.
- Responsible for all Safety, Quality and Production.
- Assists and/or performs trial runs on new materials or modified tooling as scheduled.
- Maintain process and inform Management of any deviations.
- Assist Operators as needed (i.e. run breaks etc.).
- Complete all operational reports and/or forms.
- Work on any shift and rotate weekends
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe, quality food packaging products that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF Systems.
- Observes safety and security procedures, including maintaining confidentially, using equipment / materials properly, reporting potentially unsafe conditions, and acting upon appropriate actions.
- Supports Company’s policies and procedures and conducts departmental and Company activities in accordance with these policies.
- 2 years previous experience in the plastic industry; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of training and experience with high volume manufacturing with a focus on Extrusion and Thermoforming.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media