POSITION: Plant Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
JOB SUMMARY and KEY OBJECTIVES:
We are looking for a Plant Manager to drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes. You will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. The successful candidate will have the key skills to develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive a culture of high performance and accountability
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Monitor and review performance metrics and implement corrective actions
- Utilize continuous improvement to enhance overall plant performance
- Demonstrate floor presence across all weekly shifts for consistent application of leadership and company policy
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Coach and develop supervisors and teams on all shifts
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
- Commit to plant safety procedures
- Address employees’ issues
- Influence and learn from all team members
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
- Develop and control profits, plans, and budget.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Manages capital asset maintenance.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company’s positive culture journey
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Proven working experience as a plant manager
- Proven managerial experience
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- BS degree in Business Management or related field and 6-10 years experience.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media