Under minimal supervision, the position sets up and operates manually controlled machines. The Manual Machinist position requires performing precision machining operations to produce high-quality parts, setting up, establishing processes, and producing fixtures using lathes, mills, grinding, etc. Must have strong blueprint reading ability and mechanical aptitude to do fixtures, work holding and secondary operations. Must be a team player and able to get along with a diverse group of people with a common goal.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Plan, layout and perform machining operations and bench work to construct, alter and repair intricately designed and constructed tools, dies, fixtures, and jigs, of close tolerances
· Perform difficult machining operations requiring complicated set-ups involving the improvising of tooling and machines for adaptations beyond the normal range and capabilities of available equipment
· Run and inspect the first
· Capable of using material handling equipment
· Identify and develop strong internal relationships with fellow Machinists to meet department goals
· Able to communicate and counsel operators in their machining work
· Perform daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment
· Ability to change current work plans to meet department goals.
· Work on special projects when necessary to increase the effectiveness of the Operations Department
· Evaluate experimental procedures and recommend changes or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production
· Other duties as assigned
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience using a
· Experience with engineered low quantity repairs, manual lathes, vertical lathes, horizontal boring mills, tool room, assembly, valve assembly, heavy-duty, parts assembly/adjustment
· Ability to perform basic mathematical computations
· Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
· Strong work ethic and willing to work efficiently to meet tight deadlines regularly in a highly dynamic environment
· Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
· Team oriented
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media