Manager - Protection & Controls (Utility)
Manager - Protection & Controls Engineering
Location: Attleboro MA
This role is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Protection & Controls Engineering execution team for a major electric utility in the northeast. The Manager of Protection & Controls Engineering will work closely with our internal support functions to deliver a great customer experience while providing leadership and direction to our project teams. You will play a key role in developing infrastructure strategy, operating philosophy, and technical basis for asset renewal decisions.
- Manage the overall System Protection plan related to the engineering and design of protective relays and associated systems for the transmission and distributions system.
- Build and lead a team of engineers and designers to deliver capital projects at a high level of quality and customer satisfaction
- Provide technical leadership to ensure that all project deliverables are met
- Work with customer’s functional stakeholders to facilitate process and workflow development, scope development, resource and work forecasting, and issues resolution
- Maintain, monitor, and manage project budgets; plan, control and allocate resources required to meet project requirements
- Develop, implement, and manage employee performance and development plans to meet overall program goals under the guidance of the Delivery Manager
- Support the development of standards and procedures for operation and maintenance of the transmission and distribution system.
- Ensures the safety of personnel by taking direct preventive measures, conducting effective monthly safety meetings, and ensuring all related standards, rules and laws are understood and followed.
- Coordinate with utility support functions to provide timely support for customer/employee requirements and resolution to customer/employee issues
- Provide support to finance team to ensure that all billing and invoicing activities are completed in a timely manner and with a high level of accuracy
- Lead the quality management activities of the engagement to ensure that consistent quality methods and systems are deployed and executed throughout the engagement
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with a focus on Power preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Transmission Protection & Controls Engineering within the electric utility industry.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing project teams, schedules, and customers for utility projects. Demonstrated leadership skills managing teams (15-20 team members).
- PMP certification preferred - proven knowledge of project management methods required
- Very good written and oral communication skills; team player with ability to work in a highly cross-functional and virtual environment
Salary: DOE. Comprehensive benefits. Must be authorized to work in US. FULL-TIME POSITION!Apply Online
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media