$30 to $40 Per Hour
Job Title: Automation Technician
Location: Waterloo, IA
Job Summary: The Automation Technician is responsible to support the electrical/controls infrastructure of the facility. The Automation Technician will implement new processes or strategies.
· Ensure adherence to all electrical codes.
· Maintain all electrical MOCs.
· Perform annual NFPA 70E plant inspection and electrical safety program audit.
· Ensure all electrical PM’s are completed timely.
· Works with Maintenance Planner to schedule and perform automation preventative maintenance and calibrations.
· Coordinate and assist with control system start-up and commissioning.
· Work to optimize and maintain automation inventory.
· Ensure critical facility electrical systems and programming problems are identified and repaired.
· Monitor electrical systems and electrical apparatus used in the plant including: Transformers, Switchgear, Panels/Breakers/disconnects, UPS systems, PLC’s, Power monitoring systems, and Instrumentation.
· Create and reads ladder logic and flow diagrams for program design, startup, simulation and testing.
· Design, coordinate, troubleshoot, and support Programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), Human Machine Interface (HMI) / SCADA systems, Communications, Databases (i.e. SQL server)
· Develop process control flow diagrams.
· Develop piping and instrumentation diagrams (P& ID's).
Education & Experience:
· 2 year degree in Industrial Controls or Electrical related field
· All experience levels are considered. New Grads and Entry Level is fine.
· Knowledge/prior experience or familiarity with NFPA 70AE
· Understanding of PLC, HMI, Electrical Circuits
* Ability to work Night Shift and Rotating Schedule 7pm-7:30am
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media