CNC Leads Man
The Rotary Transfer Trunnion Leadsman / Set-Up man is responsible for efficiently leading the set-up team in the machining, maintenance and repairs to tooling as well as spindles, belts, sheaves, bearings, and other various machine components while providing leadership and training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to accurately read blueprints and understand tolerance specifications.
- Record information throughout shift including production data per hour, performed tool changes, various issues, and recommendations for following shift.
- Effectively gauge parts for conformance including pin/plug gauges, straight thread gauges, tapered pipe thread gauges, and various positional gauges.
- Perform SPC functions.
- Efficiently start and stop machines including loading stock onto machines.
- Perform daily maintenance tasks (fill oil, check pressures, check coolant level).
- Provide own hand tools as required to perform job responsibilities.
- Remove, replace, pre-set, and reinstall tooling including drills, hollow mills, die heads, taps, recess tools, burnish tools, etc.
- Remove and replace spindle units and repair various components including spindle bearings, seals, sheaves, belts, chains, etc.
Competencies and Skills:
- Understand and comply with company safety standards and federal regulations.
- Good communication skills.
- Good basic math skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Must be a team player across departments.
- Consistently maintain a clean work area.
- Rotary Transfer Machining Experience (Buffoli, Gnutti, Hydromat, Mikron machines)
- 10 years or more experience with tooling adjustments, set-ups, change-overs, and troubleshooting quality or production related issues
- Statistical Process Control experience a plus
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) experience desired, but not required for this position
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media