Mortgage Loan Closer (Remote)
Mortgage Loan Closer
LOCATION: Work from home
Why Consider Interviewing with our Top Mortgage Operations Client?
- Without a doubt, the top company culture we have encountered over the past 10 years!
- Family. Caring. Taking Care of Each Other. Leaning in Together. We can share numerous stories of how they exhibit empathy and/or compassion based on the circumstances. This extends even to their customers!
- In term of business, our client is one of the Southeast’s fastest growing banks and is seeking a Mortgage Loan Closer to support its operations team.
- Their entire team’s mission is to provide a home lending experience unparalleled in client satisfaction and service excellence. All underwriting, closing, and funding are provided in-house thereby the entire loan process is managed under one roof.
- They are deeply committed to their core values of respect, team, integrity, and excellence.
Vision and Values:
Committed to a set of core beliefs that define their culture.
- One Team, One Bank
- Do the Right Thing
- Commitment to Excellence
- Exist for The Customer
- Treat People with Respect
- Enjoy Life
Benefits and Features:
- Work remotely or in an office environment (if you reside near one of their Southeast mortgage hub offices).
- Voted one of the Best Banks to Work For in America based on workplace policies, practices, benefits and employee satisfaction.
- Comprehensive company benefits: PTO, Holidays, 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
Your Responsibilities as a Mortgage Loan Closer:
• Complies with investor requirements and ensures that HVCC, TILA and RESPA guidelines are met
• Selects and completes the correct closing checklist for the loan type; ensures all items have been properly reviewed
• Reviews closing and funding conditions, documents conditions in borrower’s file, and ensures conditions can be met
• Communicates with attorneys, closing agents, loan originators, processors and other appropriate parties involved with the transaction, and coordinates closing times
• Reviews invoices for services used for processing the loan and properly assigns the charge(s) to the responsible party on the settlement statement
• Reviews title binders to verify borrowers, sellers, property details, judgments, lien restrictions, exceptions, and all other title related data are accurate and meet guidelines
• Reviews homeowner’s insurance policies to ensure sufficient dwelling coverage and investor/agency requirements are being met
• Reviews all fees/costs associated with loans to ensure state and/or federal compliance regulations are being adhered to, including but not limited to high cost calculations, anti-predatory lending calculations, etc.
• Reviews and approves trust agreements, power of attorneys, leasehold agreements, deeds, etc.
• Reviews preliminary and final HUD-1 provided by attorneys and/or title companies to ensure accuracy of fees, seller contributions, borrower’s cash to close, minimum down payment requirements, real estate commissions, unallowable fees, etc.
• Prepares and generates legal closing documents for borrower(s) signature(s)
• Provides backup support to processing, pre-closing, and post-closing/shipping functions
• Participates in bank sponsored events and networking opportunities, volunteer opportunities and endorses the Bank’s brand promise at every opportunity
• Follows all regulatory rules and regulations, immediately reports any suspicious behavior and/or situations that may result in criminal or emergency incidents, and completes all required training in a timely manner
• College degree or equivalent professional experience preferred
• Three or more years of mortgage processing or closing experience preferred
• Proficient understanding of mortgage banking concepts and regulations
• Comprehensive understanding of HVCC, TILA and RESPA guidelines
• Ability to communicate effectively through both written and oral formats
• Outstanding organization, attention to detail, analytical and problem resolution skills
• Ability to work efficiently under time constraints, in a fast paced environment
• Ability to provide superior level of customer service
• Knowledge of Encompass LOS preferred
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media