Lab Services Manager - Metallurgical
This position supports sales and operations and is responsible for managing the chemistry and metallurgical laboratories and the personnel of both functions.
- Responsible for the maintenance and operation of the analytical and metallurgical testing equipment in the chemistry and metallurgical labs.
- Responsible for lab adherence to Quality System requirements (AS9100, ISO 17025, etc.)
- Manages the personnel in the chemistry and metallurgical laboratories.
- Makes personnel decisions regarding hiring and firing of laboratory personnel.
- Responsible for evaluating and overseeing procurement of new or replacement laboratory equipment.
- Assigns projects related to laboratory equipment and/or chemical analysis.
- Supports Operations in regard to in process chemistries and laboratory testing
- Works with Sales Department on laboratory capabilities
- Other projects as requested, including travel (local, national and international), if required.
- Abides by all policies and procedures established by the Company including plant safety regulations and work rules.
- Must have ability and desire to work with others.
- Meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Four-year Technical Degree required or a commensurate level of experience.
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering preferred.
Minimum ten (10) years experience in a manufacturing environment required, preferably in the steel industry.
Minimum five (5) years laboratory experience preferred.
Supervisory experience preferred.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media