Women's Health Manager (RN)
About our Client:
One of the largest independent, multi-specialty physician groups with over 10 locations across Middle Tennessee committed to exceeding expectations through patient-centered care. In addition to primary care and pediatrics, specialty practices include allergy, behavioral health, dermatology, ENT, endocrinology, gastroenterology, neurology, ophthalmology, OB/GYN and rheumatology. Led by physicians, they take a patient-centered approach to providing the most advanced, high-quality care available. Board-certified physicians and a highly trained staff of nurses and support personnel ensure each patient is treated as an individual, delivering comprehensive care with respect and compassion.
Your Role as the OB/GYN Department Manager:
This position provides professional Nursing Care, Management of clinical staff and oversees the daily operations for an OB/GYN suite.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the daily operations of the OB/GYN practice
- Supervise OB/GYN Staff
- Staffing of clinic —handling coverage for planned and unplanned time off for MA’s, nurses, and schedulers.
- Responsible for candidate selection for new hires and transfers.
- Ensures training/orientation of new employees is scheduled and/or complete.
- Handle patient, employee or provider complaints/concerns
- Oversee Paycom time clock system—check for accuracy, make corrections and approval
- Management and assist with NST’s as needed.
- Manage and assist with provider clinics, as needed.
- Oversee patient records to ensure the patient chart entries are made accurately and in a timely manner by clinical staff.
- Monitor and oversee chart isolation, order management, tasks and chart notes and correct step for each provider—making sure all are correct and/or up to date.
- Oversee the ordering of supplies and medications—make sure staff is maintaining appropriate stock levels.
- Manage clinic policies of daily use; monitor to ensure that rooms and equipment are clean between procedures. Infection control in handling and disposing of infectious/hazardous waste materials.
- Oversee autoclave cleaning and maintenance
- Must have predictable and consistent attendance
- Manage processes to ensure an efficient patient flow
- Manage processes to ensure quality patient care
- Be knowledgeable of all front end and processes that support the registration requirements of payers and clinic
- Continuously review processes to ensure efficiency and quality in the workflow
- Plan/organize staff meeting
- Plan/organize monthly Partners meetings
- Oversee all employee evaluations, disciplinary actions, and counseling
- Serve as liaison between clinic administration and physicians
- Work with the billing office staff to ensure chart notes are complete, charge tickets are marked appropriately, ICD-10 codes are correct and ABN’s are completed when applicable.
- Develop and implement necessary protocols for consistency
- Train in triage area, scheduler and MA duties—obtain the skill set to cover in these areas due to staffing needs.
- Physician Call Schedule — Ensure appointment templates are updated and accurate for facility
- Meet with drug reps when necessary and relay information to physicians and staff
- Ensure required Staff and Physicians maintain current ACLS and License, with coordination of re-certification.
- Perform, troubleshoot, interpret NST
- Coordinate ACLS certification for RN/MD staff
- Coordinate and help organize in office procedure roles, equipment, and scheduling
- Assist with ordering and obtaining PA with specialty drugs and FMLA
Background Profile for the OB/GYN Department Manager:
- Graduation from an accredited RN program.
- 5+ years OB/GYN experience—hospital and/or outpatient setting required.
- Valid Tennessee State RN license.
- CPR & ACLS Certifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles and skills needed for nursing to provide limited patient care and treatment.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures.
- Knowledge of medication and their effect on patients.
- Knowledge of patient education principles to develop a self-care program.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Skill in using various types of equipment for examination and treatment procedures.
- Skill in taking vital signs.
- Skill in maintaining records and writing reports.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationship with patients, medical staff, and the public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to recognize problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Strong Computer Skills.
- Must be able to stand for up to 10 hours a day
- Requires regular walking, bending, pushing, pulling and lifting
- Must be able to lift at least 12lbs
- Must be able to assist patients with transfers from chair to wheelchair, to exam tables, and back to wheelchair/chair
- Must be able to assist patient with turning/positioning on exam table
- Must be able to push patient in wheelchair
- Must be able to manipulate objects—reaching, grasping, handling
- Must exhibit good communication skills—understand, respond and translate into action
- Clinical setting; exposure to communicable disease, medical preparations and other conditions common to a clinical environment.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media