An established emergency veterinary clinic in Portland, OR, is looking for its next high-energy, confident, tenacious, skilled veterinarian to add to their growing team.
Afina Staffing’s client is a second-generation, family-owned emergency veterinary clinic that was founded on the belief that emergency care for your beloved fur babies should not break the bank. On top of that, they provide all equipment to do your job well – including in-house lab, ultrasound, radiography, endoscopy, dedicated surgery suite, isolation ward, and high-quality support staff. Did we mention our client genuinely cares about their employees? What does that mean for you? Yes, you’ll work emergency hours, but you’ll be rewarded and appreciated for your hard work.
If you’re tired of working in a corporate environment where clients are just a dollar sign, and you’re only a number, where you’ve lost sight of why you became a veterinarian, let this be the last job interview you ever have.
- Establish trust and gain the confidence and consent of clients through effective discussion of the following while working within the client’s budget:
- Relay physical examination findings
- Therapeutic and diagnostics options and recommendations
- Develop a thorough treatment and diagnostic plan
- Deliver appropriate care
- Communicate home care instructions
- Recommend follow-up visits through their referring veterinarian
- Communicate directly with the referring veterinarian when appropriate and recommend specialist referral when needed on an emergency basis or when approved by the referring veterinarian
- Perform surgery on pets as necessary for the treatment of pets, using standard medical instruments and equipment.
- Lead the veterinary hospital team through the daily schedule and caseload, delegating tasks to paraprofessionals and improving hospital efficiency.
- Effectively communicate diagnosis and treatment plan to veterinary medical team and clients
- Prescribe and administer drugs as appropriate.
- Address and resolve client concerns arising from the medical care of a pet.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) or equivalent degree required.
- Surgical skills – Proven ability to perform all basic surgeries, including use of all
standard medical instruments and equipment.
- Veterinary license in good standing or eligibility for licensure with the State of Oregon
- Two years of clinical experience is required.
- Veterinary Accreditation/Certification is preferred
- Competitive annual salary, veterinarians are NOT paid on production!
- Employer pays 100% for employee and dependents for medical, vision and dental
- 401K match up to 4%
- You only work 10-12 shifts per month
- Discounted pet care
- Yearly uniform allowance
- Food and drink in the clinic for all major holidays to show how much you are appreciated and valued
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media