Senior Chemist - Automotive and Aerospace Coatings
Our client is a global leader in the manufacture of paints and coatings. They require an experienced industrial coatings chemist to join their team at their R&D facility in suburban Cleveland, OH.
- Lead development projects of significant complexity within the Automotive color coatings team.
- Execute product development project initiatives.
- Provide technical support to coatings manufacturing and other internal customers.
- Collaborate to resolve product performance process problems.
- Design and execute experiments, prepare and test coatings samples, analyze data and provide actionable conclusions.
- Collaborate across functions including manufacturing, marketing, procurement and outside vendors to achieve business objectives.
- Support and Stage Gate and Quality Management processes.
- Provide training and guidance to lower level chemists and technicians.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or related discipline with at least two semesters each of General and Organic chemistry.
- Advanced degree in Chemistry is desirable.
- 5 years experience in industrial coatings formulation.
- At least 3 years of automotive coatings experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrable experience processing and formulating pigment dispersions.
- Experience using Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) tools.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate across internal functions.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Visa sponsorship is not available.Apply Online
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media