Electrical Designer - Industrial Automation
Electrical Design Engineer is needed for a premier engineering consulting and systems integration firm with 8 locations; Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Seattle, New York City, St. Louis, and Boston. Work on a wide range of projects in a variety of industries from automotive to healthcare to food and beverage. Become first in a new design department!
Why work here?
- Hit the ground running on projects on week one!
- Project responsibilities and interactions with clients to solve real-world problems!
- Fun culture with offices locations in premium areas!
- Be surrounded by super-smart humans!
- Competitive compensation and bonuses!
- Full benefits, 401k matching, Profit-sharing!
- Specify automation and electrical components to meet customer specifications, application requirements, and industrial standards.
- Create custom control panel layouts and bills of materials.
- Design wiring diagrams, schematic diagrams, and one-line power distribution drawings.
- Perform IO checkout and validation.
- Perform enclosure FLA and heat dissipation calculations.
- Create and maintain AutoCAD Electrical templates, blocks and symbols library.
- Organize and maintain project drawings and technical information.
- Work with project managers and operations manager to schedule and prioritize tasks.
- Traveling to customer sites as needed.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical, or related field
- Minimum 6 years’ experience
- U.S. citizen or national
- AutoCAD electrical
- Ability to design to UL and IEC requirements, including certification
- Familiarity and ability to design to NEC
- Working knowledge of PLCs, IO Modules, VFDs, Motors, and other standard automation equipment.
- Working knowledge of industrial communication networks
- Ability to size power components, including breakers, fuses, VFDs, Disconnects, etc.
- Ability to determine and layout power distribution
- Ability to create PDF drawings utilizing cross reference clicking
- Ability to size panels and calculate heating/cooling requirements
- Ability to create BOM from high level requirements
- Generate Loop Drawings
- Generate one-line drawings
- Microsoft Excel
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience programing or configuring PLCs, HMIs, or SCADA systems
- Familiarity with safety PLC wiring
- Familiarity with PL and SIL electrical design requirements
- Ability to read and understand P&ID drawings
- Familiarity with industrial communication network design
- Familiarity with National Instruments or DAQ equipment
- Understanding of noise mitigation and signal integrity considerations for panel design
- Knowledge of high voltage and high-power component design (both AC and DC)
- Familiarity with quality control standards such as ISO9001 and AS9100
- Understanding of FOD (foreign object debris) protection procedures, ESD protection standards, other important safety, and quality control best practices
- Ability to do basic mechanical CAD
- Ability to do software testing
- Familiarity with PCB design and able to develop simple PCB schematic
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media