The Plant Manager provides leadership, team development, technical expertise and management of the Manufacturing and Administrative operations. The Plant Manager directs the activities of the manufacturing process and of the manufacturing facility. They will lead activities of the business functions concerned with the operations of the Companies manufacturing plant, including Production Operations, Materials, Quality, Facilities, Maintenance, Process Engineering, Environmental Health and Safety and Administration
- Promote an organizational culture of continuous improvement.
- Championing the use of LEAN Manufacturing principles.
- Process and Quality Control.
- Drive Performance.
- Plan, develop and implement long-term strategic planning of manufacturing goals, personnel development and business objectives.
- Identify and provide key metrics.
- Effectively use policy deployment to ensure alignment of department goals and activities with organizational goals.
- Manage Manufacturing Schedules to meet Customer requirements, optimize inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures and duty assignments. Consider budgetary limitations, time constraints and customer impact.
- Coach and review performance of direct reports.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and organizational programs included but not limited to Corporate Health, Safety and Environmental; OSHA; EPA; State and Local.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with Union representatives.
- Duties and Responsibilities not limited to the above.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or similar.
- Minimum of 7years’ experience in manufacturing operations is required and a minimum of five years in a manufacturing plant operations leadership role.
- Must be able to demonstrate the use of process improvement techniques. Ability to enhance a team environment including development of team-oriented managers and supervisors.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media